Benefits of Claiming Your Google My Business Profile
It is extremely important for businesses that are operating in the local space, it is extremely important for local SEO.
Despite the benefits that come with Google My Business, many local businesses still have not claimed their listing.
When it comes to SEO and a local business, the very step that I advice businesses is to claim their listing on GMB. When you claim your Google My Listing business, you will be able to optimize your listing, which will give you a great advantage over other businesses in your industry that have not yet done so.
For a local business, being on Google My Business creates a strong signal to Google that your business is active in the local space and this will allow you to rank higher in local Google searches for your industry. This will allow your business to be more visible for people in your area, which has the potential to increase your leads and sales.
Everytime you do a local search on Google, just after the Google ads is what we call the local pack, which consists of small businesses in the area. The Google local pack consists of businesses that have Google My business listings, and the businesses with complete profiles that are accurate get to reap the benefits of being on GMB.
There are some great benefits for putting your business on Google My Business.
Top benefits to claim your Google My Business listing:
- Claiming your Google listing will allow you to have the information about your business that you want your potential clients to see. You will be able to add your services or the products that you offer, and best for all, you will be able to have the right contact details and other details about your company, so you can be sure that potential customers are getting the correct information about your business, like the right contact details, the right physical address, your hours of operation etc
- When you claim your Google My Business listing, you will be able to get notifications about reviews from your customers, and you will be able to respond to those reviews. This is important feedback about your business, and whether good or bad, and you want to be able to respond to them.
- Google my Business allows you to have photos related to your business, including the products that you are offering, your business premises, your business logo etc. We are visual beings, so photos will make people be more interested in your businesses than businesses that do not have photos on their profile.
- One of the things that I love about Google My business is the detailed insights that will tell you how many people searched for your business at any given time. It also will have information on how many people reached out to you, using your listed phone number.
- For businesses that have listed their numbers, they can get calls directly from a Google search. That is why it is important to have your telephone number, that is correct as more and more people use mobile to research services and products.
Google My Business in my view is a must for local businesses, so if you have not already claimed your listing, you need to do so.
If you need help with this, contact us at 076 128 5968, we are at your service.